In December, 1983, some girls joined the Archana convent from various villages and towns, accompanied by their parents, wanting to know the Sisters and share their life for a period of time and to discern the Will of God for them. They began the novitiate in Archana and the same community continued to welcome the girls and went ahead with their training in different stages of formation.
The First Religious Profession of the 12 novices formed in India and the inauguration and blessing of the new house named “Archana” took place on 11th February, 1987. The Mother General, Sr. Giannarosa Sterbini, was present for the solemn occasion. We acknowledge her concerns and deep affection in the early years towards this mission of the Congregation in India. In the same year we opened a kindergarten for the children of the village.
In 1984 the portion of the Congregation in India was erected as a Delegation and ARCHANA was its formal residence and Sr. Grazia Semenzin was appointed as the first Superior Delegate. On 3rd December 2011, the Delegation was erected as a Province with 126 sisters as members. Now, Archana is the Provincial house of the Indian Province.
The filial houses in Kerala and in the various missions
- Archana Convent (Provincial House) Aluva
- John Antony Farina Convent - Ezhupunna
- Sacred Heart Convent, Poovar
- Maria Bhavan, Kavaraparambu, Angamaly
- Sacred Hearts Convent, Moongode
- Sacred Hearts Convent, Kuchipudi - Andhra Pradesh
- Sacred Hearts Bhavan, Vijayawada – Andhra Pradesh
- Vimal Hrudai Convent, Chatrapur - Odisha
- Sacred Hearts Convent, Hunsur - Karnataka
- Anbu Illam, Vadakarai – Tamil Nadu
- Sacred Heart Convent and Hostel, Panpoli – Tamil Nadu
- Sheoganj, Rajasthan