The seed continues to grow and expand. The Daughters of the Sacred Hearts are present since 1989 at Poovar, in the Archdiocese of Thiruvananthapuram. Poovar is located on the beach of the Arabian Sea. The sisters began to visit families and recognized the need of educating the children and they welcomed them to the school as part of taking care of them. We are available at Poovar to educate women and girls. Being at the service of concrete charity and as visible expressions of the love of God and neighbor, we exercise corporal and spiritual works of mercy, the spirit of the Beatitudes, welcoming others, with the tenderness of God and the compassion of Jesus.
Today the sisters are engaged in the teaching ministry in our school. They are also occupied with various parish activities such as catechism, family apostolate, pastoral care and counseling. In addition to this they give more attention to the health care also.
The filial houses in Kerala and in the various missions
- Archana Convent (Provincial House) Aluva
- John Antony Farina Convent - Ezhupunna
- Sacred Heart Convent, Poovar
- Maria Bhavan, Kavaraparambu, Angamaly
- Sacred Hearts Convent, Moongode
- Sacred Hearts Convent, Kuchipudi - Andhra Pradesh
- Sacred Hearts Bhavan, Vijayawada – Andhra Pradesh
- Vimal Hrudai Convent, Chatrapur - Odisha
- Sacred Hearts Convent, Hunsur - Karnataka
- Anbu Illam, Vadakarai – Tamil Nadu
- Sacred Heart Convent and Hostel, Panpoli – Tamil Nadu
- Sheoganj, Rajasthan